Tuesday, April 3, 2007

I'll have what she's having!

As I mentioned before, Tisa has finally moved her ass down to Nashville. Thank God. I’ve needed her! She and I have moved into a fabulous house near downtown, within walking distance to popular bars and restaurants (and a block over from Rovers house). Things have been going so well. And then she had to go and do it.

She got a boyfriend.

But she didn’t get just any boyfriend, she hit the motherload. This guy has been so smitten with her, that within a week, he wisked her off to South Beach for three days of fun and sun. Why? In his words “I just want three whole days to get to know you.”

The following weekend, he had to go up to Atlantic City with a major country band that he is involved with somehow. Tisa and I have two friends up in Philadelphia who are dear dear college friends of ours. This new boyfriend arranged for these friends to come out to Atlantic City and get VIP treatment at this concert so that they could meet him and approve of him. He then flew Tisa up FOR THE NIGHT so that she could see our friends for the first time in two years.

Tisa is also slated to go to the CMT Awards, the ACM Awards in Las Vegas and she’s going to be having dinner at HUGE COUNTRY STAR’s home soon. Oh, did I mention that he’s buying her dresses for all these events?

Where the hell did this guy come from? They have been together now almost three weeks. I’ve just been in shock just watching this whirlwind happen.

And… I’d be lying if I wasn’t a teensy tiny bit jealous. It’s not the sickening amount of cash that flying around that’s making me jealous. Not at all. It’s the amount of affection he has for her and the fact that he wants to see her all the time and include her in his activities. All I have is two douchebags that take turns standing me up. I guess it really is quality, not quantity.

I look at her and her ability to snag the most adoring man ever, and then I look at me and my track record of less-than-desirable dudes. Over the past year, I have gone out on countless dates and been involved with quite a few pretty damn good guys, but none of them were interested in being “serious” with me. And now I have to look at the common denominator with all these guys…. Me. I must be putting out some sort of vibe that I don’t want to be serious with anyone, when in fact, that’s all I want. I just want one guy, one relationship, stability, exclusivity.

But something is going wrong. I wonder what I’m doing… I think I need to create some sort of survey and ask my guy friends, or the guys I recently dated why I’m not “the settlin’ type” to them?

No comments: