Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Boobalicious!

Last night, Rover took Snow White and I to the Predators game. Rover has The. Best. Season. Ticket. Seats. In. The. Arena. We were just a few rows up, right behind the players box--you could hear them talking to each other (with broken English and busted teeth) and the people that have seats all around Rover are so nice!

I don't know about you, but I love going to hockey games. Hockey is the perfect sport--it's fast paced (Not like football, which ends up losing my attention after two minutes), there's some nasty fighting (which is my favorite part), and the men who play are just so.... manly. But my favorite is actually going to the games. In Nashville, you can get tickets to Predators game pretty cheap and there really isn't a bad seat in the house. And I love all the distractions they have going on too... the funny games they play on the ice during the intermissions, the cheers ("You suck!" yelled in unison by 13,000 fans is just magical!), and the jumbo-tron. Oh the Jumbo-tron. I have a particular love affair with the Jumbo-tron.

The Jumbo-Tron and I first started seeing each other last April when I went to my first Predators game. Snow White and I were in a suite, dancing and jamming to the tunes blasting through the arena and the camera found us and, of course, fell in love with us. I was stoked that I was on the Jumbo-tron, but Snow White was less than thrilled. She ducked and ran, but the camera followed her all the way up into the suite. We ended up with a good 30 to 40 seconds of face time on the Jumbo-tron, when most people get 10-15 seconds. We were superstars, I tell ya.

Since then, the Jumbo-tron and I have had this amazing relationship, but he's been playing hard to get. My goal at every game I attend, is to have some time with the Jumbo-tron. There is always plotting and scheming and usually some funny hats. But the Jumbo-tron has always betrayed me. He finds other pretty girls and pays me no attention. Sadly, I leave every game feeling unfulfilled and betrayed by JT.

He must have known that something was wrong, because Jumbo-Tron more than made up for lost time last night. During the first period, Rover, Snow White and I were discussing how to get ourselves noticed by the camera. I've always known in my heart that the secret is boobs. Jumbo Tron is a Boob Man. But you have to be tactful about it. Jumbo-Tron doesn't really like nipple... he likes to use his imagination.

I turned to Rover and Snow White and said, "This is how you get on the Jumbo-Tron!" And I cupped my boobs and jiggled away. They laughed and agreed.

Then Rover said in slight horror, "You ARE on the Jumbo-Tron!" And sure enough, the camera had caught me bouncing my bosom. There was laughing and titters (pun-intended) all over the arena. Jumbo-Tron loves the boobies.

At first, I thought that maybe you couldn't really tell and that maybe they didn't get a good view of exactly what I was doing. Until my phone started lighting up with text messages from friends I had at were at the game. "Nice Rack!" one said. Another asked for "a private viewing." Dirty bastards. :)

Ahh, the great romance between me and the Jumbo-Tron lives on. I knew he'd come through for me one of these days....

No comments: